What is a project intake form?
A project intake form is a document that a client or member of a different department within a company fills out to inform the marketing team of their project needs. The request form includes questions like what the project objective is, who the stakeholders are, the budget, and the date the project is required. Once submitted, the marketing department will review the intake form and decide whether or not to accept the project request. If accepted, they will make contact with the client and move on to the next stage of their project setup and planning.
What are the benefits of using a project intake form?
- Improves organization: When project requests are neatly and precisely filed through the intake forms, it’s easy to select relevant projects and resource forecasts more effectively.
What should be included in the marketing client intake form?
- The name of the person requesting the project: Who the main person behind this project is, as well as any relevant stakeholders?
- Contact information: This can include a phone number and email address.
- Type of project: Is this a website, an ad campaign, a print ad, a re-brand, email/social media campaign?
- Project goal: What would this client like to see from this project? It could be a monetary increase, an increase in brand awareness, or something else.
- Target audience: Whom are they aiming to attract with this project?
- Project deadline: When does the project need to be completed and is this negotiable?
- Project budget: What is the estimated budget for this project? You need at least a ballpark figure to decide if this is something you can invest in.
- Anything else we should know: This space is for people to let you know about any other important information that wasn't relevant to any of the other project intake form questions.
Project intake form template
Let’s take a look at a sample project intake form.
Also, for your convenience, we have created a free project intake form template in Google Doc version, as well as PDF.
This template can be copied and pasted to be used as a project intake form word document.
Phone number: ______________________
Please provide details of the type of project you are requesting.
What is the objective of this project, i.e. what results would you like to see?
Who is the target audience for this project?
What date would you ideally like this project completed?
_ _/_ _/_ _
What is the approximate budget for this project?
Is there anything else you would like us to know?
Project Intake Form Example
Below is an example of a filled-out project intake form using the same template as above.
How can Workamjig help you with your project intake form?
Workamjig allows agencies to run seamless operations and processes, using one integrated project management tool. When attempting to create a project request process, Workamjig will help you streak ahead with minimum effort on your part.
Project intake forms that work for you
- Customizable intake forms help gather the exact information you need right from the start.
- Add all the fields you need, include spec sheets & customize your notification preferences.
Free & unlimited client logins
- Free client logins let clients request projects & track status updates such as approvals, rejections & resubmission requests.
- Make things easier for you and your clients. Win-win!
Set up approved projects in seconds
- Project requests flow seamlessly into full projects, retaining all specs, notes & history so nothing gets lost.
- Your team will have everything they need to hit the ground running.
Centralized project communication
- Enjoy a single source of truth with all project communications in one location, making your job smoother than ever.
Collaboration done right
- Internal users can add comments & to-dos with built-in file review & deliverable tools.
- And, of course, external users can review their project files & leave feedback in-app. No paid seats are needed.
Say goodbye to manual reporting
- Eliminate the need for complex, manual data gathering & report building with standardized & custom reports that pull in the data for you.
Get your act together with Workamajig
- Keep track of all projects coming in
- Ensure projects are submitted on time
- Streamline your workflows & processes
- Satisfy your clients