Workamajig has been making great strides in getting their new, HTML5-based Platinum version up and running for Time Entry, Project Management, Expense Reports, Purchase Orders, Billing and Sales/CRM (some of the Accounting functionalities are still being beta tested). We know that lots of people are excited to make the transition from Workamajig Classic to Platinum, but we also know that you won’t just wake up one morning and start using Platinum, so we created a checklist to help you make the transition as smooth and successful as possible!
First of all, we highly recommend using this transition as an opportunity to audit your current agency processes and implement the industry best practices you’ve always considered. We know there are probably 900 reasons you haven’t implemented these yet, but, since you’re already going to be making changes, why not use this momentum to better your agency?!
Here are a few CPI Best Practices you can implement with this transition:
- Create a Rate-Based Estimating vs. Value-Based Pricing culture
- Document and implement a Principal/Executive Investment policy for scoping
- Define your agency’s workflows + translate into appropriate phased-based project architectures
- Create a culture of daily, accurate time entry across organization
- Institute Billing + Revenue Recognition meetings as a method of monthly accountability
- Utilize transactions to drive General Ledger data for more accurate financials + increased reporting insight
- Implement a dedicated, proactive Project Management discipline
For the full blog visit Creative Performace INC.